Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Nothing on my PC works, lost file associations[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dainfamusgc

dainfamusgc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok i know you guys have answered some people about this already but nothing works on my pc cant get not one program to run. No cmd, regedit, msconfig, nothing at all runs. The last thing i was doing was installing ipod software then a virus warning came up for java.nocheat i believe so i clicked heal shortly after nothing on the desktop worked and everything became a lnk file and i get the "not associated with any prorgram message" I tried what you guys posted in other threads but i cant get the link fix to open b/c it wont let me open and merge .reg files. Is there anything i can do since nothing seems to work even tried booting from the xp disk and it just bypassed it and went on to load xp. I can get the the menu where you choose safe mode either. thanks and any help is greatly appreciated

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
try the restore point

SOLITARIO

SOLITARIO

• Pip
  • 2 posts
what u need to do first is go to the BIOS and change the booting sequence to start from the cd then once u get to the cd act like u r going to do a restore its going to tell u that there is already an OS just keep going its going to give u an option to repair the files do that repair the files the only thing is that is going to erase the most recent stuff. but it should fix the problem

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
dainfamusgc

Since this thread has been inactive for a long time now, I am going to close it. If you still need help here, shoot me a PM and I will reopen it. Then you can post a HiJackThis log here to recieve help.

To ALL others who have posted here.

If you want to post help in the Malware Removal forum here at GTG, you need to be a staff member. Click here to join Geek U.

ScHwErV :tazz:

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.