Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 checks files when opened

• Please log in to reply

cca50

cca50

• Pip
  • 9 posts
[email protected] :tazz:
For the last 7days or so, every time I open Outlook 2003, I get a message, "The data file "Personal Folder" was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems." I have looked every where I know and have seen others with this same problem and it seems no one is having any luck finding a fix or work around. Mcrosoft Support has been no help... I have tried using the scanpst.exe uility, tried safe mode with no sucess. When the file check is finished I still can not access Outlook, it freezes. Glad I can go through Charter to get my email. Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Word then press help then detect and repair, make sure there is a tick in restore my shortcuts, you may need the Office CD's, this will repair all Office apps