Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task manager screen issue

• Please log in to reply

drowelf

drowelf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry about creating a user ID simply to make this and maybe a few more posts, but I find this to be urgent.

As a teenager, I play plenty of computer games, MMORGPs of course, and along came Lineage II. Not that this matters, but simply in the middle of loading a part of it, the client stopped loading the area. My solution: Alt+Ctrl+Del, minimize Lineage II, and restore it, and I'll usually be loaded.

However, upon restoring it, it minimized itself again and MSN told me that I had been disconnected. I tried redialing, and there was no dial tone. I traced my wire from the CPU to the wall, no break anywhere, it should have worked! So, I tried the next best thing: Open the task manager to close Lineage II and then MSN, but here is where the error comes up. Instead of the normal 5-tabbed task manager, I have a zero-tabbed manager with only three buttons. "End Task, Switch To, and New Task."

It is simply a window, with no minimize, maximize, nor an (X) to close it with. I feel that with the simple MSN Error, and the sudden Task manager error, something must be up.

I set the computer into safe mode, checked the task manager of other accounts, and created an additional account to get online. The task manager works fine for every other account, and thank god for second phone lines. If anyone asks, I'm willing to submit a screen shot of that user account's task manager. Please reply as soon as you can!

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Sorry about creating a user ID simply to make this and maybe a few more posts, but I find this to be urgent.

As a teenager, I play plenty of computer games, MMORGPs of course, and along came Lineage II.  Not that this matters, but simply in the middle of loading a part of it, the client stopped loading the area.  My solution: Alt+Ctrl+Del, minimize Lineage II, and restore it, and I'll usually be loaded.

However, upon restoring it, it minimized itself again and MSN told me that I had been disconnected.  I tried redialing, and there was no dial tone.  I traced my wire from the CPU to the wall, no break anywhere, it should have worked!  So, I tried the next best thing: Open the task manager to close Lineage II and then MSN, but here is where the error comes up.  Instead of the normal 5-tabbed task manager, I have a zero-tabbed manager with only three buttons.  "End Task, Switch To, and New Task."

It is simply a window, with no minimize, maximize, nor an (X) to close it with.  I feel that with the simple MSN Error, and the sudden Task manager error, something must be up.

I set the computer into safe mode, checked the task manager of other accounts, and created an additional account to get online.  The task manager works fine for every other account, and thank god for second phone lines.  If anyone asks, I'm willing to submit a screen shot of that user account's task manager.  Please reply as soon as you can!

View Post

Strange. i had the same problem a few months ago where I couldn't close it either. But I forgot how I got it back. I think it came back by itself. To exit it I think you could try file > exit task manager. Hope it works!

MR0624

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Well I was just reading a form on another site and someone had the same problem and someone told him to double click in the grey areas and it worked. Give it a try!