Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help ASAP!

• Please log in to reply

lil rob

lil rob

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello am tryin yo upgrade my pc finally to windows xp dont care what version if home or pro i just need to upgrade.When i put my cd in the pc it reads it then it gives me the options if i want to install xp but when i try to press the button where i can downloaded the page stays in the same page nothing happened.

Then i went to microsoft.com to try to download windows xp service pack 1 n 2 but i get 2 messages. This is exctacly what it says

"The SP1AmExpress_USA(1) file is linked to missing expot NTDLL:strstr , Error Starting Program..( this is the first message) then

Windows cannot access the specified device path or file, you may not have the appropiate permission to access them...

I dont know what to do am very stuck and i need Xp because i need to get Itunes in my pc and it wont work with Windows Me,,, Please let me know the problem if known

Thanks
Lil Rob

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are you using an upgrade XP CD

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you install any iPod software?

lil rob

lil rob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
um i dont know if am using a upgrade cd i just know i boght it and it says Windows xp Pro and yes i did install the software but since it didnt work i unistalled it

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check through this, involved but worth doing to help the upgrading

http://support.micro....com/kb/316639/

lil rob

lil rob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok it shows me what programs and software will and will not work so i still want to upgrade so what can i do now

I just need this Windows version and i dont care about some of the programms i have now, Please let me know