But, we are giving away a sweet, high-performance Acer Ferrari laptop!
Thanks to AMD and Microsoft for providing the prize!
Retail value aprox $2,000 (plus software). It has some pretty decent specs!
- Acer Ferrari 1000:
- 1.8GHz AMD Turion 64-bit X2 dual-core processor
- 1GB of fast 667MHz DDR2 RAM
- Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 graphics
- 12.1-inch wide-screen 1,280x800 display
- 1.3-megapixel Webcam
- Large, 160GB 5,400rpm hard drive
- VGA-out, FireWire, three USB 2.0 ports, mic-in, line-in, and headphone jacks with S/PDIF support
- A 5-in-1 flash card reader and a Type II PC Card slot
- 56K modem, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
- Matching external double-layer +/- DVD burner
- Matching Ferrari Bluetooth travel mouse and VoIP phone
- Standard AND Extended batteries
- and a cool carbon fiber case:
In addition, it comes preloaded with Windows Vista Ultimate, and Office 2007 Enterprise!
The goal of this contest is to pick the correct number, between 1 and 100,000! (pretty simple, eh?)
- The winner is the person that guesses the correct number, or gets closest.
- In event of a tie, the first person to post the winning number wins!
- ONE entry per person, in this thread only. Those entering more than once will be disqualified (it's easy to catch).
- This contest runs until January 30th, 12:00 AM CST (Vista's Retail Launch)
- Random.org will be used to generate the winning number, after the contest has closed.
- The winner will be notified using the email address used to register.
- This thread is only for guesses. Other posts will be moved or deleted.
- Will be shipped free anywhere worldwide. All members and staff are eligible (except me).
- This contest is being held in conjunction with our sister site TomCoyote.org. Only ONE prize will be awarded.
NOT required as part of the contest, but to make the thread a more interesting read, let us know why you will, or will not be upgrading to Windows Vista!
Good luck everyone!