Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MISSING EMAILS OUTLOOK EXPRESS

• Please log in to reply

LOZ1

LOZ1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
<_<

40 odd emails have just dissappeared from my inbox. They have not been deleted (and I have checked my deleted file just in case!). They were there when I checked them late last night but were just not there this morning when I logged on!

There are mails left in other folders i.e. saved mail etc.

What has happened?

There were some important ones - can these be retrieved from somewhere?

Thanks.

21.31 - All items from my saved folder have now dissappearred along with folder itself!!

Edited by LOZ1, 12 May 2004 - 02:32 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Have you checked your deleted folder?

LOZ1

LOZ1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
First thing I did but I know I didn't delete them anyway. Then the next night another folder had gone with all the emails. I've got everyone baffled with this one!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Do you have antivirus software installed? You could try a free online virus scan here:
http://housecall.ant...start_frame.asp

LOZ1

LOZ1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks for responding.

I have Norton installed and it is fully updated. When running a virus scan no threats are highlighted.

When I logged in tonight I have noticed that my contact list has dissappearred! This is 3 nights on the run that something has dissappearred into computer oblivion!!!!

Whatever is happening it is only happening to Outlook Express. No problems anywhere else.

HELP!!!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
That is too strange! Let my scratch my head and think about what may be causing this...