Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help picking out a cpu

• Please log in to reply

matthew staton

matthew staton

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hey guys I going to be having a computer bulided. I need help picking the Processer please help me out. I will be using it for games and I also burn a ton of movies. They are the ones I narrowed it down to pllease tell me which will be the best I will be upgrading to the realy high end video card and 1100 watt tagan power suppley.

1. Amd athlon 64 fx-57 2.8ghz socket 939, 64 bit
2. intel core 2 duo E6700 2.66ghz
3. intel core 2 e 6600 2.4 ghz.
4. amd a64 x2 5200 +

Those are my choices also any one no of a good mother board to use with these systems. Thank you.I am running a 3800+ amd with a nividia 6800 gs video card and it time to get a new toy. I going to have the computer bulit in a coolmaster 830 case.

Advertisements

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
the FX-74, 72, 70 are comming out soon from AMD, we will see if they are any good

But from that list i would go with #2

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
when these new amds come out and how much they going to run maybe I should wait to bulid my computer the middle of feb.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Feb is probably a good idea maybe the end of this money, the FX-7x are way beyond average joes price range you arent talking hundreds but thousands.

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
to see how much they are going for, look here : http://techreport.co...article.x/11536

Edited by afg34, 03 January 2007 - 08:31 PM.