Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with WMP 11 and my MP3 player

• Please log in to reply

Caffeine_Powered

Caffeine_Powered

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Awhile ago I made a thread about uninstalling WMP 11.....Unfortunately nobody could help me so I just ignored WMP and my MP3 player for awhile....I recently updated WMP 11 (I believe I had the BETA version/one of the first versions out).....Anyway I read some stuff on a part of microsoft.com (Here to be exact...)...

It said I may not have updated my firmware...I don't believe I did...It stated too remove WMP 10...

well back to square one...

I started by reading the instructions on how to roll back to WMP 10...

well it said

#

Disconnect any portable music or video devices that might be attached to your computer.
#
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
#
In the Category View of Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Remove a program.
#
Click Windows Media Player 11, and then click Remove.
If Windows Media Player 11 is not displayed in the list of currently installed programs, then try the following:

At the top of the list, select the Show updates check box.
In the Windows XP - Software Updates section, click Windows Media Player 11, and then click Change/Remove.

#
In each of the two confirmation dialog boxes that appear, click OK.
#
When the rollback process is complete (it might take several minutes), click Restart.

well I did everything up until this point...it never asked to restart....This is where the problem began last time....Last time I kept going and it didn't do anything....

:whistling:

I don't have a Zen Creative, I have an iRiver T-10 Posted Image

Edited by Caffiene_Powered, 04 January 2007 - 12:19 AM.

Advertisements

Caffeine_Powered

Caffeine_Powered

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
anyone?