Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel: How to Perform Automatic Addition and Reseting under certain co

• Please log in to reply

beethoven

beethoven

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I'm trying to create basically a substitute for those expensive "Chores"/"Children's Behavior" programs using Excel, and my inexperience in formula manipulation is showing. How would I be able to tell Excel the following?

IF A1=25 (this is after chore is done 25 times), then automatically add 50 points to B1 and reset A1 to 0.

I hope this isn't too complicated (or confusing for you to understand), but it would help me out a lot. Thanks.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
I was hoping one of the VBA guys would chime in on this....

Anyway, my solution is attached. The calculations/evaluations for number of chores and points accumulation are done in E & F. Then I set up a macro to copy the contents of cells E & F and paste the values into B & C, so don't freat out if you get a macro warning when opening the excel doc. I envision entering the updated number of chores done daily (or whenever), then immediately running the macro to evaluate and replace the cells.

I had to zip the file, so if you need a zip program, I recommend Zip Genius. You can download it here: http://www.zipgenius...eng/?page_id=10

Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions.

* LindaGail wishes mightily she knew more about VBA