Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video Camera and Firewire

• Please log in to reply

muffins

muffins

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I just bought a Canon Elura 100 (http://tinyurl.com/ofuhx) I'm not sure how to transfer video onto the computer. I consider myself quite tech savvy but when it comes to hardware I'm baffled. So here are the questions:

1. How do I check if my computer has the required IEE 1394 firewire card/port?

2. If I have a firewire card/port, where do I get the firewire cable?

3. Can I transfer video just using the USB cable? If so why isn't my camera being detected as a capture device?

Any information on what I need would help! thanks.

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
1 - To c if u have a fire wire go to you'r device manager and if it sais IEE 1394 then u have a fire wire port.
2 - To get a cable look on the net or go into a computr store and dont forget you'r camera cause not all have the same connections on unit (the fire wire connection to the computer is universal.)
U can allso perchase a PCI firewire card if really want to use the fast transfer.

3- U can use a usb cable but u need to install the driver for the camera. google it. and from my experiance when u connect the camera 2 the computer u may have 2 play with the veiwing settings to go from video to picture or something like that. It is that only in sertain modes does it recognoze the camcorder.

enjoy