Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

minidump problem........

• Please log in to reply

niagara

niagara

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hy..

When windows start up,after the welcome message,the screen become blue and i must restart my computer,and i recive this error :

BCCode:1000008e BCP1:C000001D BCP2:F934FEED BCP3:F9E4CC2C BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Damir\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc901.dir00\Mini122404-01.dmp
C.\DOCUME~1\Damir\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc901.dir00\sysdata.xml

After each new error ,a new minidump file is made in C:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP.......any help is welcome...thanks

my mail : [email protected]

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
How long have you had this error?

What happened with your computer just before the error started? Did you install any software, hardware or any updates to anything?

Is it correct to say your computer will not boot normally?

If so, have you tried booting to Safe Mode? While starting your computer tap the F8 key once every second during the memory count up, or during the system spash screen where you see the system maker's name (HP, COMPAQ, DELL....etc.). This will result in a text based menu. Use the curors/arrorw keys to navigate to SAFE MODE and hit enter. Are you able to get into Windows Safe Mode?

If so, delete all temporary and minidump files (from http://www.smartcomp...articleid=21091, scroll down to second "Error Message"). Try rebooting normally.

I'm seeing a bunch of possibilities for this error, including incorrect video drivers, bad memory and overheating.

Video Drivers: check your video card manufacturer website to download the latest drivers.

Bad Memory: see this prior G2G link: http://www.geekstogo...s...&hl=memtest, for instructions for downloading and running memtest.

Overheating: if you are comfortable opening your computer box, unplug everything from the CPU, pull the side panel and very carefully clean the dust out - off the fan(s) and vents to the front and back - using a small vacuum, blower (compressed air or similar), or small soft brush (like a small paintbrush). Ground yourself before reaching inside.