Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failure to Boot (windows xp pro)

• Please log in to reply

dipper14

dipper14

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have windows xp pro with service pack 2. This is the problem I am having.

I went to boot up my computer, it got to the black windows screen where the blue bar goes across, that screen disappears, it goes to a black screen, my computer does a sort of shut off noise, and goes back to the beginning of the restart. I tried using "last known good configuration that worked" and.. it didnt work either, did the same thing as the normal boot. But safemode with networking works, and so im posting here.

I checked event viewer and I find some errors around the same time:
Under application:

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Under System:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
aslm75
ATITool
AVG Anti-Spyware Driver
Avg7Core
Avg7RsW
Avg7RsXP
Fips
klif
Processor

and

DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

If anyone could be kind enough to help me, I would GREATLY appreciate it. :whistling:

Edited by dipper14, 04 January 2007 - 04:06 PM.

Advertisements

dipper14

dipper14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have had this problem before, and just now I uninstalled my ati video card drivers, this allows my computer to boot to windows normally without crashing. This leads me to believe its a video card problem.

When I go to install a video card, I have to install a video controller, but my computer cant find any automatically, nor when it searches the internet. Also when i go to install an ati driver, I get no display service error. What should I do?

I installed some old ati drivers that I had on my computer, without installing video contrller (vga compatible) first. I got the no display service error, but it still seemed to install fine, and now my computer is working well.

Edited by dipper14, 04 January 2007 - 05:17 PM.