Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All compatible?

• Please log in to reply

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Hi, I just wanted to see if these parts are compatible.

Mobo - MSI 975X Platinum Socket 775
CPU - Intel E6300 Conroe
Graphics - Gainward 7900gs Golden Sample
RAM - 2x1gb OCZ Gold PC2-5400
HD - Western Digital Caviar 80gb SATA-2
PSU - Tagan 480w
Case - Thermaltake Mambo

Advertisements

mozzer11

mozzer11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Bump. A few changes:
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G
CPU - Athlonx2 3800 AM2
RAM - 1gb (2x512mb) Corsair Value Select (will upgrade to 2gb soon)

All the rest is the same as above. Are they all ok together?
Also the motherboard has onboard graphics (geforce 6100). I heard this was pretty good, as far as onboard graphics go anyway. I was wondering if i'd be able to play Battlefield 2 and Dawn of War with it until I get a preoper video card?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
you should manage BF2 ok on the lowest settings. I would wait for the newer graphics cards before shelling out but would probably go for 2Gb straight away rather than waiting otherwise youll never do it and youll be stuck with a gig of extra ram and you want matched pairs maxing slots and odd numbers is to be avoided wherever possible.

I would probably go for a bigger HDD value wise they suck at 80Gb, best value for money is between 160 and 320Gb, maxtors are what i can usually get cheapest but a disk is a disk sata2 and 16mb cache after that get whats cheapest.