Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help

• Please log in to reply

Toko

Toko

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My computer has been acting really funny lately. For a couple of days I could not get my computer to turn on at all, but today I was able to somehow. Also, I recently got World of Warcraft and was playing it, but the VPU recovery for my graphics card kept resetting the settings because it had stopped responding to command drivers. It did this at least twice everytime I played WoW until it I couldn't log on anymore. The computer would go on a standby type of mode and I would move the mouse or push a button and it wouldn't do anything. I have reinstalled the software for my graphics card and the game, but the VPU keeps resetting graphics even though I have not played the game in like a week. I hope this all made sense, I'm not very good with computers and I appreciate anyone's help.

-Toko

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it is an ATI card, did you re-install from a software CD or ATI

Does Microsoft Update have optional updates for .net framework

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Toko

Toko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I used the CD I got when I bought the card.

My Automatic Updates is turned on and it has asked for .Net Framework 2.0 when it tried to install the Catalyst Control Center.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you install .net framework

Toko

Toko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm not sure where to find it? Heh.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Microsoft Update, link in post 2

Toko

Toko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Oh, alright. I have to download Internet Explorer 7.0. I use Firefox as my browser. Um.. Will it be any trouble to install the .Net Framework if I don't have a real version of Windows?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
About as much trouble as downloading IE 7

If you haven't got a genuine copy of XP installed then we are unable to help

Toko

Toko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Alright. I didn't know until just recently because this computer was built for me. Well thanks for your help. Bye.

-Toko

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if this applies

Q: What are the details of the genuine Windows offer?

A: To help customers who unknowingly purchased a counterfeit version of Windows XP, Microsoft has created two genuine Windows offers for those who qualify:

Complimentary offer: Microsoft will make a complimentary copy of Windows XP available to customers who have been sold counterfeit Windows. Customers will be required to submit a proof of purchase, the counterfeit CD, and a counterfeit report with details of their purchase. Only high-quality counterfeit Windows will qualify for the complimentary offer.

Electronic License Key Offer: Microsoft will offer an alternative for customers who find out via the WGA validation process that they are not running genuine Windows, but do not qualify for, or choose not to take advantage of, the complimentary offer. These customers will be able to license a Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP online for a price of $99 for Windows XP Home edition or $149 for Windows XP Professional. The Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP will include a new 25-character Product Key and a Windows Product Key Update tool that will allow customers to convert their counterfeit copy to genuine Windows XP electronically.

http://www.microsoft...#Question6Label

Toko

Toko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Alright thanks. I'll have to check it out later though. Thank you again for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for your honesty

Hope it goes well