Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"nn" has encountered an error and has to close

• Please log in to reply

dabud

dabud

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the error window that pops up on me occaisionally is a windows generated msg or a program specific msg.

The problem is as follows:
I use Winmx v 3.54b4 and I sometimes get a popup window that says "Winmx has encountered an error and
has to close... "
I can continue to use my computer for anything else, but the winmx screen has frozen. Surf, open and use other programs,etc. The only way to unfreeze it is to close Winmx and restart. I operate a chat in winmx, so you can see this would be a problem for me and my room users.

This error also occurs with a program called RoboMX, which I also use in chat, but I only get it when I close Robomx. [so far]

I am not sure what information [about my computer] would be needed to help solve this problem.
Here's what I can tell about it.

P4 2.4GHz 1.0GB Ram Asus P4S533-MX Avg7.5 Avg Anti-Spyware Sygate firewall Windows XP SP2 build 2600
Anything else I missed that one would need to know to help with this problem. Please ask.
Thank you

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
when this happens right where it says click click it another small window will open and you will see what type error it is on the upper right it will show what type of .dll post it here so we can see and any error numbers that show

Edited by rushin1nd, 04 January 2007 - 11:35 PM.

dabud

dabud

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I haven't seen this error with winmx, since my 1st post, however I have gotten it 3 times since.
Once for RoboMX, once for WinAmp, and once for Dr. Watson, which I didn't even know was in use.
I am including as much info as I can re: these three errors.

I am attaching folders for each incident, containg the contents of the error msgs, as well as the file created in my temporary folder for each incident.

Robomx7.jpg Robomx8.jpg Robomx9.jpg Attached File  Robomx603e_appcompat.txt   14.62KB   82 downloadsWinamp600011.jpg
Winamp600010.jpg Attached File  Winamp60e1_appcompat.txt   26.35KB   90 downloadsDW600013.jpg DW600012.jpg Attached File  DWappcompat.txt   15.82KB   124 downloads Attached File  DWmanifest.txt   1.97KB   90 downloads

There were two additional files created by Dr. Watson: drwtsn32.exe.mdmp and drwtsn32.exe.hdmp but the files were too big to attach.

Hope this is enough info.

Thank You

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
give this atry not sure if it will help

http://www.mxpie.info/downloads.html

also robomx is a peer to peer program so im suggesting to that you go here

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

run the steps that may apply to you

then go to malware forum and post a hijack log there and wait till your cleared of malware

http://www.geekstogo...a...amp;s=&f=37