Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOw to update my computers RAM

• Please log in to reply

mackie-007

mackie-007

• Pip
  • 4 posts
HI i am just wondering what the diffrent wasys to upgrade my RAM are and a kind of rough prize (£)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !!!

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
There is really only one way to upgrade RAM, buy more. Go to a site like memoryup.com let it scan your computer and tell you what you need. From there you can search on prices from different sellers.

Is that what you mean?

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
What will your motherboard support?

If it can support 2 gigs.....

PRICE ESTIMATE: POUNDS, well for 2 gigs about 150 pounds give or take $$ depending on the brand, 200.00 American.

Mikes Mirth

Mikes Mirth

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
simply click the ram cards out of your motherboard and replace with the newer ones, make sure there compatible with your motherboard, i looked on amazon.co.uk and found 512mb RAM for around £45, 1GB for around £70.
regards hope it helps

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

crucial will do it for - http://www.crucial.c...fgr.asp?cat=RAM

cheers...xxx1