Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One more stupid question

• Please log in to reply

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Ok...I have a STUPID question. Ok, I want to add a program to my startup list but i'm not sure how. I know how to take stuff off but I dont know how to add stuff.....

Thanks,
MR0624

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people....wait...no, that's not right.....:tazz:

It depends on how you want to do it. How's that for a stupid answer.

What program?

The easiest way is to RIGHT CLICK on your start up button, choose EXPLORE (or EXPLORE ALL USERS if you want the program to start up for everyone). On the right pane, choose PROGRAMS > STARTUP folder. then find what ever executable file you want to start and right click and drag it to that folder, then choose create short cut....

There are lots of other ways, though.

You could add an entry to the registry, write a startup script and put it in the appropriate place for your OS.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Thanks.....