Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I remove this service?

• Please log in to reply

Bridgecraft

Bridgecraft

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Somehow....I got the Bonjour service from the Gizmo project which is native on Macs.

SERVICE_NAME: Bonjour Service
##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
BINARY_PATH_NAME : "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe"
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
TAG : 0
DISPLAY_NAME : ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##
DEPENDENCIES : Tcpip
SERVICE_START_NAME: LocalSystem

Any ideas on how to remove it? Actually is it safe to remove this service? By stopping the service and then deleting it with HJT?

Edited by mbridges7718, 05 January 2007 - 12:19 PM.

Advertisements

Bridgecraft

Bridgecraft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I would also like to mention its in my winsock 0.o

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi mbridges7718...

The Bonjour Service was included in a recent iTunes update. If you use iTunes, I wouldn't remove it, but it can be safely disabled.

Click Start, then Run, type services.msc and click "OK". Find the offending service in the list, double click on it, and set it to disabled...apply the change. If you actually use iTunes, you can also set the service to Manual so you can start it should you desire to do so.

wannabe1

Bridgecraft

Bridgecraft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
The services is gone 0.o

But...It has never been there before.

And Ive used iTunes for months.

Bridgecraft

Bridgecraft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Hi mbridges7718...

The Bonjour Service was included in a recent iTunes update. If you use iTunes, I wouldn't remove it, but it can be safely disabled.

Click Start, then Run, type services.msc and click "OK". Find the offending service in the list, double click on it, and set it to disabled...apply the change. If you actually use iTunes, you can also set the service to Manual so you can start it should you desire to do so.

wannabe1

The service is not there...I would like to delete this fully..it did not come with my iTunes..how do I remove it fully including its winsock file?