Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help buying new pc

• Please log in to reply

Brown00

Brown00

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, decided to buy a new computer. for gameing mainly. I've seen this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.u...tem170066880680 I just need to know if it's ok for the money. or advice on what to change. I dont know much about computers. Thx...

Advertisements

Brown00

Brown00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I noticed it dosn't have grfx card type listed so i sent them a email..ill post as soon as they reply.

Brown00

Brown00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Or there is this http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e...p;rd=1&rd=1

I could upgrade the cpu to AMD Athlon x2 3800 for £47 extra

And maybe upgrade to 2gb of ram

Edited by Brown00, 05 January 2007 - 02:47 PM.

Brown00

Brown00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Or this :whistling: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...mMakeTrack=true

Im seriously thinking about buying this now, i would upgrade ram to 2gb and choose a black xblade case. I just need to know if it is good for the money or if i should upgrade anything.

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
The last one seems pretty good, though you would probably want to buy a new power supply as ones that come with cases are rarely very good. Upgrade to 2gb as well. The 7600gs isn't an amazing graphics card but it's better than onboard graphics.

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
And remember it doesn't come with an operating system, so you'd have to pay more for that too.

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
the first one is the best. It has everything except a graphics card, just buy a GPU and your set. That computer is good.

The second computer is horrible, and the thrid one - the seller is trying to trick the customer by stating that the processor is 4.6 ghz. Its actually 2.3.

The third one is also good, but it has 1 gig of ram.

Edited by afg34, 06 January 2007 - 06:12 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
As a general rule you never buy anything computer related from ebay, they are alot of great companies about with a good rep, and we can always help you build your own which will be cheaper.

Only the one with the 4600+ is AM2 socket which is a must and they all use poor quality cases and the AM2 one has a not fantastic motherboard brand.

Checkout cyberpower, or newegg see what you can get built for you or build yourself, it really isn't a box you want to open getting computer stuff on an auction site.