Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP PLEASE: internet wont connect

• Please log in to reply

abone114

abone114

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
hi there,

i just recently installed windows xp: media center on my machine, everything works great except i cannot use the internet. i am connected through a LAN via cable internet. when i go to the device manager and try to uninstall my ethernet drivers it locks up my system and i have to task manager/force quit the process. not sure whats going on at all!!?? when i reboot my machine i can use the internet for maybe one minute, then after that i get the "this page cannot be displayed" page. i checked the properties of all my devices and they all say that they are "working properly" i just dont know what to do from here :whistling: .... any help at all would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance,

-abone114

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you open IE then type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press enter to see if you get the router set up page

If so, run basic set up

There may also be a firmware update for the router to use with media centre

abone114

abone114

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
thanks, ill give that a try
-a