Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Conversion help?

• Please log in to reply

sandala27

sandala27

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm new here, and have a question. I was given a CD of a slideshow that I want to be able to share online. However...everywhere I go (onetrumedia, etc) won't accept the file b/c it is an .exe file? Is there ANY way that I can convert this CD to something on the web perhaps so that I can share it via email, etc??
Not even sure if this is possible.
Thanks!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
How big is the file and what time frame would it need to be available online for

sandala27

sandala27

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
This is what it says when I click on properties... 347 MB (364,631,569 bytes)
I would probably need it for a couple of weeks or so?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can use this for 500MB files, you upload it, get a link, send the link to as many people as you want, they download it within 2 weeks of it being uploaded

http://www.spread-it.com/

Slow to upload but download will be at whatever speed the recipient usually has for downloads, you also get a password to delete the file if you want

A permanent solution would be zapr

http://www.zapr.net/whatiszapr.aspx

You can make any one folder or all folders available, you send a link, they transfer directly from your PC to theirs. Your PC would need to be online while they did this. It is easy to remove access to any folders even if someone has been sent a link as the link only applies to the folder when it is set up and remains active

You can also set the programme to not run at start up so no one could access anything until you signed in