Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

9129837.exe

• Please log in to reply

danz32

danz32

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The file is located in the Windows folder on my main hard drive. I am not completely sure how I got it (Ill assume from a file downloaded off the internet or something of that nature) and I noticed it because my Windows Live One Care Firewall protection notice pops up everytime on startup asking if I would like to Allow or Block that files access to the internet...I, of course, have said no. I have not notcied any glaring effects, but after reading about what this thing is supposed to do, I want to get rid of it. So now I am searching for help on how to delete it.

Note: I am running Windows Vista RC2 Build 5744...I tried to do as many of the steps as I could on the list, some, such as the Panda Scan, did not work in Vista.

1) Ran a full scan with Windows Live One Care...found nothing.
2) Ran a full scan with Lavasoft Ad-Aware...found nothing related to this issue.
3) After searching online found that Sophos Anti-virus regognizes the file, downloaded a trial version of the program, and it did find the file. However, it cannot delete it becuase it says I do not have the permission to.

So, at this point I think I could go into safe mode and have it removed, but I also read that it may have already moved itself to other locations of files, so I am coming here looking for help. Thanks and I look forward to a response!

Advertisements