Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop freezes on statup

• Please log in to reply

Max-T

Max-T

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Im trying out a live CD of both ubuntu and Backtrack, backtrack is a version of slackware. anyway i know that both CD's work because i booted them on my computer at home

these are the specs of my laptop.

Graphics card:128MB ATI Radeon® Xpress X200M
Prosessor: Intel® Celeron®M 440(Yonah single core) Mobile Core™ Duo Technology ready 1.8Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache
RAM: 1024MB DDRII 533MHz Memory
80GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
15.4"WXGA(1280x800)"X-Glass"WideScreen

i load up the disks it boots from them going int o the screen which lets you select how to boot IE safe mode etc no matter which on i select the scren flickers for a moment then goes grey with like a dos "_" flashing and nothing happens no matter how long i wait

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Have you tried booting with your Recovery CDs'?

Max-T

Max-T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
err sorry maybe i was not more presise.

i have windows XP currently installed. I wanted to try ubuntu on my laptop so i downloaded the ISO of the live CD and burnt the CD. i check the CD on a desktop it workes fine. i put it in my laptop it freezes as in first post

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP

i load up the disks it boots from them going int o the screen which lets you select how to boot IE safe mode etc no matter which on i select the scren flickers for a moment then goes grey with like a dos "_" flashing and nothing happens no matter how long i wait

That threw me. Sorry.