Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I get it on to a DVD

• Please log in to reply

jme

jme

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I have just spent ages creating a story in Windows movie maker but cannot work out how to get it on to a DVD so we can watch it on tv. How do I do this???

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Movie Maker 2 doesn't natively burn DVDs. Or video CDs (VCDs), which are playable by many DVD players, but are of significantly lower quality than DVDs. Movie Maker 2 is a video editing tool that can burn videos to CD by using the CD-burning capabilities built in to Windows XP. But CDs only hold about 700 MB of data—not enough for a high quality video. And Windows Media Video 9 files on a CD aren't playable by current DVD players. So what do you need to burn a movie to DVD?

http://www.microsoft...an_burndvd.mspx

jme

jme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks for that I was using movie maker to make a slide show with photos and that is what I wanted to put on a dvd maybe i should be using another program.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is a trial version which watermarks the output, so if possible, use re-writeable discs while you try the programme

http://www.vso-softw...vd/photodvd.php

It is among the easiest to use I have seen so far

Best to buy in dollars as they seem to think there is one dollar to the pound