Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to change IP address

• Please log in to reply

ttessend

ttessend

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So here is my problem. At work there is a wireless connection provide. With my wireless laptop I had been able to download anything off of the internet. I downloaded music from napster legally. However, our security people didn't like this too much and have banned me from the network. Is there any way to change my ip address so that when my computer connects to the network, it will appear as a different computer? Thanks

Advertisements

logan312

logan312

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
No, you cannot changeyour IP address to get the effect you want. Its their wireless router that is giving you the ip addresses. They have probaly blocked you by your MAC address.

Think about it this way, they stopped you from accessing the net....instead of just terminating your employment. Thats what most companies do.

Dark Pheonix

Dark Pheonix

• Pip
  • 6 posts
ok but for those of us on a home comp that use it for recreation is there a way to change it to get around those games that record your ip so u can only have one account?