Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i don't know what's this

• Please log in to reply

jagdeepgill

jagdeepgill

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi
i installed windows xp sp2 recently after my system crashed. i installed all the necessary drivers. but when i installed the graphics driver from hp site,it worked properly.but now whenever i start my pc a message appears everytime "cli.exe error: the application could not b initiated". i have ati radeon express 200 card. this problem or error message started appearing after i installed graphics driver. i don;t know what is this. thanks for help.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
From what i have been reading on the CLI problem it seems that you need the microsoft net framework for the CLI.exe to work. CLI is a taskbar tray program where you can control your ATI settings.

FAQ
ATI Catlayst driver: CLI.exe - does not start
CLI.exe does not start for ATI Radeon and other Catalyst drivers when the .NET 1.1 is not installed. Go to the Windows update page and install .NET 1.1 or later.

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

SRX660

jagdeepgill

jagdeepgill

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thanks i will try this n tell.