Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply

Corey.B

Corey.B

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I had been receiving a BSOD saying "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". As suggested here http://www.geekstogo...a...=5&t=143456
I updated my BIOS and no longer receive the BSOD. For other reasons, I reinstalled my operating system. I am now receiving a different BSOD.
It says:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information
*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xAADB77FC)
*** afd.sys - Address AADB7FC base at - AADAA000, datestamp 41107eb5

Beginning dump of physical memory

When I reboot, I receive a window stating that "Windows has recovered from a serious error."

I am running Windows XP.

What does this mean? How can I fix it? Does it relate to the previous BSOD?

Advertisements

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Take a look at this:

http://www.osronline...thread3502.html

Corey.B

Corey.B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
After doing some research, I found out that these errors may be caused by bad RAM. As a diagnostic, I switched the positions of my RAM cards. After rebooting, I received errors that my paging file was too small. My system also is running much slower. After rebooting again, everything seems fine although I have not changed anything. Do I need new RAM?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You can download to a floppy a little application called memtest86 that will diagnose your memory, just boot from the floppy to run it. How much memory and hard drive do you have?

Corey.B

Corey.B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have 512 MB of RAM. I have a 70 gig hard drive. I don't have a floppy drive.