Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with laptop HPzt1000

• Please log in to reply

doecraig

doecraig

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I have a HP zt1000 laptop.. when I plug in the power supply the light turn yellow and orange It will not go to green or turn the computer on... :whistling: :blink: Thank you.. Doe :help:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, but afetr connecting up the mains lead you must press the round (silver?) power button on the keyboard panel to boot up the laptop.

doecraig

doecraig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
:blink: Yes, I know how to turn on a computer........ It looks like its charging... one yellow light and one orange light!!! So I"m assuming it's getting power!!! But thats all it does.... :whistling: Thanks.. Doe

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
shutdown, unplug, remove battery.

press power button for 30 seconds and release.

leave the battery out, plug it in

try and boot it up....anything?

doecraig

doecraig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Still nothing.... yellow & orange lights come on..... Thanks..... :whistling:

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Well if it were me, I would check the output voltage of the power transformer with a voltmeter. The output voltage should be written on the transformer. For instance...I just checked my Gateway transformer and it says output voltage is 19 volts. I set my voltmeter to DC Volts and placed the red lead (+) in the hole and the black lead (-) on the outside of the 'jack' (whatever you call the part that you push into the laptop). My reading was 19.42 V DC.