Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

2 user accounts and web access

• Please log in to reply

stressed76

stressed76

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
hey there have run in a little pinch here.....I have to user accounts and they are both administrators
all accounts are set up exactly the same but one account can access a college user account sign in page with the address provided by the college.
-when logged into the other account and access the same website with the same address...I get a "page cannot be found"
-this is really weird...how can this be?
-I have my antivirus and firewall turned off and still the issue persists.

-anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Is there anything else odd about that user account? Anything it can't do that the other account can?

It's possible that user profile is corrupt. The good news is it's a fairly easy simple thing to correct.

From Microsoft article 555473:

To create a new user account:
Go to Control Panel.
Click User Accounts tool.
Select the Create A New Account link.
Give the account a name and click Next.

NOTE: Ensure that the account type is Computer Administrator (You can see the option button displayed in the process.)

Click Create Account button.
Logoff from the current account, and login with the new account. This will create a user profile for the new account. When the user profile creation procedure is complete log Off from the account without doing any other modifications.

If that fixed the web access issue, then follow the instructions in the article to copy the profile settings from your old account to the new one.

Please post the results, good or bad.