Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help Comparing Ram

• Please log in to reply

Cmdhoek

Cmdhoek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Just a quick question.

How big of a difference is there between

DDR2 533 (PC2 4200)

and

DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

I'm looking at MOBOs and the DFI I want only supports DDR2 533. Should I look elsewhere for a MOBO and get one that supports DDR2 800?

DFI MOBO

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Cmdhoek, 06 January 2007 - 08:22 PM.

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well obviously their is a difference of exactly 267Mhz which is just above half the speed of regular PC 3200
DDR RAM

plus if you are looking at overclocking you would be able to get alot more out of DDR2 800

if i was in your position i would get the motherboard with the 800 speed compatability i think you would see a notable performance gain

troppo

Max-T

Max-T

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
It really all depends on what your using it for. if your using it for pritty much normal usage rather then games then ddr 533 is fine. if your using your motherboard for gaming then a ddr800 would be more suitable especially as you can overclock it however before you overclock it make sure you cooling system is good enough :whistling: