Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows xp stop codes

• Please log in to reply

mapleleaf4ever

mapleleaf4ever

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hello

my computer crashed it will not boot from cd also just restarts on its own same when i try safe mode shuts down and restarts.

i tried f8 and ran boot logging blue screen gives me this stop code

***stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x82320A28,0xc0000102,0x00000000)

cannot not find what this code means any help would be appreciated

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi mapleleaf4ever! Welcome to G2G!

Do you have your windows XP CD? If you do, I want you to put it in and turn on your computer. When you are given the message press any key to boot from cd..., press a key and Windows Setup will start. At the first screen where you have to enter input, hit R to enter the Recovery Console. Then you will have to hit 1 to log into your windows installation and then just hit Enter for the Administrator password because it is normally blank unless you changed it. Once you are at the command prompt C:\WINDOWS I want you to type chkdsk /p /r. This will run a VERY THOROUGH check of both your hard drive and also your windows installation files and replace any that are missing/corrupt. Once it's done, type Exit and take out your Windows XP cd. Your computer will reboot itself.

Fenor

mapleleaf4ever

mapleleaf4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
it will not boot from the windows xp cd goes to the screen with safe mode etc and when i choose safe mode the windows xp splash screen comes up then it just shuts down and restarts on its own

i cant get into that computer at all using my laptop right now

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

it will not boot from the windows xp cd goes to the screen with safe mode etc and when i choose safe mode the windows xp splash screen comes up then it just shuts down and restarts on its own

This is happening because you need to change the boot order in the BIOS/SETUP so that it tries to boot from the CD-ROM drive before the Hard drive. When you first turn ont he computer, it should say what F key to press to enter SETUP. If it doesn't, the normal keys that are used are DEL, F1 and F2.

If none of that works, then please post the make and model # of your computer and I will help you find what key you need to press to enter BIOS/SETUP.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 07 January 2007 - 10:43 AM.

mapleleaf4ever

mapleleaf4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok in the bios now
first boot cdrom
second boot floppy
third boot hdd-1

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
That is the correct way it should be set up. Put the CD in if it isn't, then SAVE CHANGES and exit and let the computer reboot and follow my instructions from my previous post.

Fenor

mapleleaf4ever

mapleleaf4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok im getting this message

NTLDR is missing

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You're still not booting from the CD. What type of XP cd are you using? Did it come with your machine or is it a Recovery CD that came with your prebuilt computer?

Fenor

mapleleaf4ever

mapleleaf4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
windows xp sp2 corp ed cd came with machine not a recovery cd

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
It should boot off of it. Do you notice the CD-ROM drive spinning up at all when you start up your computer? Are you receving the Press any key to boot from cd... message?

Fenor

Advertisements

mapleleaf4ever

mapleleaf4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
it starts to spin the stops

the only thing that comes up on screen is

verifying dmi pool data............
boot from cd :
boot from cd :

NTLDR is missing
press ctrl+alt+del to restart

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Okay, do you have a floppy drive on both the problem computer and the one you are on now?

Fenor

mapleleaf4ever

mapleleaf4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
only have floppy on problem computer

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Okay, can you burn CD's on the computer you are on now? And do you have Nero installed on the computer or some other program that allows you to burn ISO's (CD IMAGES)?

Fenor

mapleleaf4ever

mapleleaf4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yes i can burn cds brand new laptop no nero on it yet