Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have been encountering problem lately with destop speakers. I have checked volume control panel and nothing is muted. When I move balance needle from right to left soound dies, nothing coming out of right hand speaker. The sound card is configured for two speakers only. Sound card being used is CM18738DXPCI, Asound Gold. Have checked with device manager and indications aare that hardware is working.

Waynf

Advertisements

Demetri

Demetri

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

I have been encountering problem lately with destop speakers. I have checked volume control panel and nothing is muted. When I move balance needle from right to left soound dies, nothing coming out of right hand speaker. The sound card is configured for two speakers only. Sound card being used is CM18738DXPCI, Asound Gold. Have checked with device manager and indications aare that hardware is working.

Waynf

does the left speaker plug into the back of the right speaker than you have a main wire that goes to your sound card ? If so see if you can plug the left speaker in the sound card and use it independatly? if so see if you get sound? if not go try to buy a adapter at radio shack to where this is possible. if it works then the jack that the left speaker plugs into on the right speaker is probably bad to where it is not recognizing it. or you can just try a different set of speakers?

Demetri

Demetri

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
did you try it waynf

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have main wire running from sound card to left speaker, and then another wire which inserts into jack of left speakeer and runs to right speaker. I have tried two different sets of speakers, same result.