Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Safely remove my hd?!

• Please log in to reply

Keith Lemon

Keith Lemon

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
i am getting a notification for safely remove hardware in the corner of my desktop, however it is asking me to remove my hard drive, should i? its bugging me anyway, was wondering if i could do it safely just to get rid of the notification.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Its supposed to do that. Ignore it.

Windows won't let you remove your hard drive anyway.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Are you talking about a icon in the taskbar tray with a little green arrow above it? If so do you have a USB flash drive , or external drive hooked up to a USB port.

DoubleClick on the icon and open the window up so you can see what windows is showing there. You need to find out if its asking you to remove something thats not there anymore.