Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Uninstall AIM 6.0... or did I?

• Please log in to reply

granoladude

granoladude

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hey everyone... Well I ran into a bit of a problem today with this new AIM 6.0. I decided to download it and upgrade, but when I opened it up it was just too crazy for me... too over the top, basically. Anyway, I decided to uninstall it and go back to good ol' 5.9. I got to the AIM 6.0 file on my computer and there were two uninstall features... Uninstall, which had the info of "AOL Open Client Platform". There was also Unist and it had the little trash can icon. Of course, I went with Uninstall since I figured thats what I needed to do instead of some incomplete title. I ran this uninstall and nothing came up, then then after a few seconds, the file browser disappeared. I went back to check on the AIM 6.0 file and it was gone. I figured it had uninstalled, but the icon was still on my desktop and Add/Remove programs said that the program I tried to uninstall may have already been uninstalled (AIM 6.0 came up under the programs list as still being on my computer.) Anyway, I reinstalled to do it the right way and uninstalled with the Unist thing... The uninstall wizard came up and took it off my computer, even the icon for 6.0.

So... Should I be worried about a vanishing program? Will my computer blow up because a program was improperly uninstalled (yet I clicked an uninstaller?).

Any help would be great.. .Thanks!

Advertisements