Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LNK Files

• Please log in to reply

tracyhebert

tracyhebert

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I think I found it.... put in the service tag code and got just 1

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Perfect... :whistling:

That should get you online to get the rest of them.

tracyhebert

tracyhebert

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
OK I think I installed that driver

Now what do I do next?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Just keep installing drivers until there are no more ! or ? displayed in Device Manager. You should be able to get the lappy online now if you connect it and reboot.

tracyhebert

tracyhebert

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
This is all really getting way over my head.... don't know how to make it connect to the internet. Keep getting something that wants to connect w/a phone line. I have a cable modem on my home computer and the laptop should have a wireless connector. When we received the laptop ... it connected itself to the internet via the home computer cable.

The laptop does show a 1394 Net Adapter w/a connection that is enable and firewalled

I'm getting tired... maybe we should try some more tomorrow... Can you just come to my house? LOL

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Tomorrow will be fine. We'll get it together...just a lot of little tweaks to do. At least everything is opening now. :blink:

Once all the drivers are installed, the machine should behave a little better and we'll get rid of the old Windows folder to regain the space it's taking up.

One time zone East of me...bit of a walk. :whistling: See ya tomorrow.

tracyhebert

tracyhebert

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hey Wannabe
Don't know if you remember.... I've been unavailable for a while. I think I got all of the drivers installed...and can now get on the internet. Would like to continue if I could.... don't know if all is fixed yet or not.

Thanks,
Tracy