Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet running slow, please help!

• Please log in to reply

himynameisbob

himynameisbob

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My internet is lagging me out of some games I like to play online. My modem and computer seems to work fine for browsing the Internet, but I usually lag out every 5 minutes in a game called GunBound.

I have Rogers Cable, I'm using Windows 2000. On my modem, my Link and Online buttons are green, but my Send and Recieve buttons are flashing.

my question is, do you have any ideas why I'm lagging out? How do I fix this? Will the flashing stop?

Thanks.

Advertisements

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

is this new and have you reset the modem ?.

cheers...xxx1

himynameisbob

himynameisbob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I unplugged the modem, waited a minute and replugged and its still flashing. Help

DeadEye

DeadEye

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Have you checked with your ISP? If the lights are flashing on and off the internet itself might just be lagging, so I would call the ISP and complain to them. Either that or it might be the modem itself, try and get ahold of another one just to check.