Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Songs that make you go WoW!

• Please log in to reply

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
lol, ~Mark, she really isnt what she used to be anymore... shes a law student and she got her tounsels taken out last year so she really hasnt sang that much anymore...

Advertisements

Mark

Mark

Sari'z the bestest admin in da worldz!

• Expert
  • 2,360 posts
Gosh I'm sorry to hear that... although a law career won't be too shabby I'm sure... :whistling:

Cheers,

Mark.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Big bucks... taking care of my dumb law cases I bring to justice... haha :whistling:

jorge33

jorge33

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
2 songs never fail to amaze me:
1. Shine on your Crazy Diamond (all parts), Pink Floyd
2. Octavarium, Dream Theater

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Shine on you crazy diamond is crazy on the pulse live concert.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Just a bit bored and thought I'd make this thread. Went down well on my forums :whistling:.

Why you hate the Game? - The Game (feat Nas & Marsha Ambrosius)

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Space by Something Corporate, Ithink it was their North CD, I can not remember

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
We already have a favorite band thread and another song thread - I'm merging this with the favorite song thread.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
"eli the barrow boy" ~ decemberists
"the mariner's revenge" ~ decemberists

you either love these guys or you hate them

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Somewhere over the Rainbow, played by Yngwie Malmsteen, never heard so much power put into a song, almost makes the hair on your back of your neck stand up.

Advertisements

SecretMaster

SecretMaster

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan (its all I listen to nowadays) and most of their songs I find to be amazing.

The one that makes me go "WOW!" is probably Echoes. It is quite possibly their most beautiful song. And I was lucky enough to catch this song played live on Gilmour's On an Island tour back in April of last year. Definately something I'm glad I saw as it is most likely the last time that song will be played live.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I like david gilmour's new album too. It was a good album and I like the way he produces his music.

Ahh Echoes.. I used to listen to that song everyday.. now I listen to either Pigs or Dogs everyday.. very awesome songs.

SecretMaster

SecretMaster

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

I like david gilmour's new album too. It was a good album and I like the way he produces his music.

Ahh Echoes.. I used to listen to that song everyday.. now I listen to either Pigs or Dogs everyday.. very awesome songs.

On an Island is a great album. Gilmour's more than proved himself as a competent musician. The notes he can play with his guitar are simply fabulous (just listen to The Blue, I don't think you'll ever quite here playing like that). More than that, the music he makes is just beautiful. His voice and the instruements he plays come out wonderfully.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I 110% agree with you.

Although I wish they would get back together for one more tour :whistling:

SecretMaster

SecretMaster

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

I 110% agree with you.

Although I wish they would get back together for one more tour :whistling:

Well they had the Live 8 one-off reunion which was great to watch. And ever since then its been getting closer and closer to a hopeful tour. Roger was invited to play with Gilmour at the last show of his tour, but Roger had to decline because of preparations for his own tour. And now there is some talk about something called a "Live Earth" concert thats coming up in the summer. Its probably some pro-environment concert from what I can gather (just by the name) and supposedly they are thinking of asking the Floyd.

Honestly at this point its all up to David. Rick Wright and Nick Mason would do it in an instant, and Roger at this point in life just wants to play and has said he would do it. But I don't think Mr. Gilmour is ready to do it now. I hope that will change because I would love to see them go out in one last real bang.