Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uninstall my new video card

• Please log in to reply

grassi

grassi

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Hi everyone. I recently bought a e-EVGA 7600GS agp 256MB 8x. Before this i had an integrated chip on my Hp Pavillion AMD atholon 3000+ model A735w-b xp. I was trying to make this integrated chip run faster and i went into bios and changed this aperture setting to 64 which was the current spec on that chip. It was by default on automatic, but ithought to be sure that integrated was getting its 64mb of memory. Now my new card recognizes only having 64, i need to set this to automatic, then i can set allocated memory to 256 MB. But these options are gone since i downloaded and installed this e-EVGA 7600 GS. I need to uninstall it and go back into bios to change the settings i thought would help my integrated chip work at its full potential. I was told by evga to search in google for video driver cleaner. But i later realized (lol) what about my add remove programs ? Or even my display properties where i can roll back drivers uninstall drivers (in my adapter properties)? Wont these two work best if so which one? Thanks for your time

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Why cant you just disable the on-board video in the BIOS?

SRX660

grassi

grassi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
hhmm sorry im confused, Disable my onboard video is that integrated or my new video card? i am back to normal now with my integrated chip, i went in bios and indeed i have different options, and my on board video memory is now on auto, 64 Mb was highest option or auto. Now i was told by hp that i can just install my new hardware, shut down pc install the card and put the cd back in and install the rest of the drivers, this is suppose to automatically disable and detect my new supported agp card.

Edited by grassi, 07 January 2007 - 11:37 PM.

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,
is there a setting in bios to disable on board video, if so follow srx660 suggestion and turn it off,
then install your new video card etc hope everthing goes well.

cheers...xxx1

grassi

grassi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I dont see anything, the only onboard things in there are onboard video memory, onboard audio, onboard lan boot ROM, onboard lan, onboard 1394? How can i set Aperture size to the RAM available on my new 7600 256MB card and enable fast writes

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

under onboard video memory disable this one.

cheersxxx1

make sure that you have a video card already installed before disabling onboard video memory doing so can cause the monitor to go black until a video card is added or the BIOS is reset.

Edited by xxx1, 08 January 2007 - 02:32 PM.

grassi

grassi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
okay i tried installing the card and all was successful, however i went into bios and my options changed i dont have onboard video anymore? Hmmm? i dunno but im confused?

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
do you want the onboard video enabled, if so re-enable it.

you might want to read this - http://www.directron...howtovideo.html

cheers...xxx1

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
If the onboard selection isn't there, its probably because it was on auto. Thus automatically turning itself off once you installed the new card.
xxx1, if he has a new card, he won't want onboard video on.
James

Edited by james_8970, 08 January 2007 - 07:07 PM.

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

yes i wondering why you even wanted it enabled, now that you have a new card installed, as james 8970 pointed out and the guys from hp, the short answer is Nooo its not need.

cheers...xxx1

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Be sure to get the lastest drivers for you card grassi and you will be good to go.
James

grassi

grassi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
okay i think i understand now this Hp is recognizing myy new card, i also tried updating my nvidia drivers in my properties, but there were no better matches. I thinking maybe a psu issue as mine is only 250 watts and 14 amps on a 12volt rail. The v-card makers say there specs might be over rated but my psu was not enough? To get a 350watts with 18-20 amps on the 12 volt rail?