Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Partition Help--Please,Please

• Please log in to reply

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Here is what I have and once again backed out because it still won't let me click on the "K" drive. Here is another clip showing my final out come but I canceled as I still can't click on "K"? What shall I do now?

Edited by Onestep, 09 January 2007 - 11:02 AM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Go ahead and complete the formatting operation. That will give us like partitions to merge. This will be done after closing Paragon and restarting the machine.

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
How do I know when the format of D is completed as nothing seems to be happening? Can I reformat it to a NTFS by changing the Fat 32 to NTFS?

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Wannabe, should I close out of Paragon and open back up and see if I can click on the "K" drive. I am so sorry for all these questions but boy am I learning alot today, thanks to you. Much appreciated.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Don't worry about the K: drive for the moment. Let's get the D: formatted to NTFS. To do this, close Paragon and accept the pending operations it will warn you about when it shuts down. It will then prompt you to reboot...do so.

Once we have that formatted, you should be able to click on the K: drive again.

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Sorry for being a pest but I ain't getting nowhere. It isn't formating for some reason. Here are the latest clips showing whats happening.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You're not being a pest. :whistling:

In the "Format" dialog box, select NTFS from the dropdown menu where it now says FAT32. Click "Ok" and continue on. Is this image from before or after a reboot?

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
After reboot

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hang on...let me try the setup again on the XP machne.

*wannabe1 hates recovery partitions

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its all blue and all three are now NFTS. Here is a pic..
Now do I go back and run the wizard again and do K? I haven't rebooted yet.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Great!!!

Now we'll use the Merge Wizard.

In Paragon, click on the "Wizards" link...choose "Merge Partitions". In the Wizard, click "Next", then click on the D: partition, click "Next", then click on the K: partition. Follow the prompts from there and do the closing Paragon, accept the pendint operations, and reboot thing. You should end up with just two partitions on the drive once it restarts.

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
OK, here's the latest pic. I am still unable to click on "K". Now, once again I backed out to talk to you cause as you can see in the pic its just going going to give me drives "D" & "K". Does that mean C Drive will dissappear?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Select the D: partition and click "Next". It appears the K: partition is already selected. See if that gets you anywhere.

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Wannabe, Here is the next latest clip. As you see it is still coming out D & K drives. Could it be cause K is a "logical" drive? We are so close, thanks to, you. Whats your next plan of action?

Edited by Onestep, 09 January 2007 - 10:18 PM.

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Here's the next clip. Here I clicked on "C" & "K". But then will I be losing my "D"? I will wait for your answer.

Edited by Onestep, 09 January 2007 - 10:19 PM.