Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless connection lost

• Please log in to reply

Victor Creed

Victor Creed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Have you upgraded the firmware yet?

What kind of router is this?

No upgrade on the firmware but I gotta ask man did you read the intial thread? LinksysWRT54G is what I said up there, no disrespect just asking.

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Just a thought here.

Is the Wireless Zero Configuration Service started?

Start /right click on My Computer /select Manage. On the left side of the management console find Services.

Next thought: When was the last time You where able to connect?

You could try a System Restore to a day when it was working.

Start /run /open=msconfig. click launch System restore. Follow the prompts.

Victor Creed

Victor Creed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
The thing is this, my machine is working fine with other wireless connections. This thing happened overnight. I was getting wireless woke up the next day and it was not working. I've been able to get access to the router and get all the info.

THE PROBLEM NOW IS: The ROUTER is sending off no signal that I'm aware of. Even if I plug in the net and all the lights are working well and I hard line from one of the ports I get no internet access. I can still access the router but the wireless signal is null and void. I see signals from all the other wireless routers around here full green bars... our bars are white... zip ziltch nada.

I need help figuring out whether the router shitted out on me or if I somehow turned off the routers ability to send a signal or grant access to the net.

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Have you done a hard reset of the router? Linksys you have to unplug then hold the reset button on the back of the router for thirty seconds. This will set it back to factory setting and sometime will restart the wireless.

Edited by silverbeard, 11 January 2007 - 04:04 AM.

Victor Creed

Victor Creed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Now that's the kinda info I need... I will definately try that!