Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling Vista

• Please log in to reply

Pelimar

Pelimar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an E-machines T-1842

So this is my story...

I had installed Windows Vista the beta version that my friend gave me but it was fake or illegal so I wanted to get rid of it. So I backed up all my data on another computer then popped my restore CD in and rebooted. Normally it would start restoring but instead it just booted up like normal. Also I have an external CD drive because my original one stopped working for some reason. Any help restoring would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You cant restore to a previous different operating system. You need to reinstall your old one using an install disk.

Pelimar

Pelimar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The problem is I don't have a copy that came with it all I got was the restore disk.

But what if I downloaded an illegal copy of Windows XP then used my restore disk to restore to a legal copy would that be ok?

Also I have the Window XP SP2 cd would that be any help?

Edited by Pelimar, 08 January 2007 - 06:23 PM.