Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Heating Issues

• Please log in to reply

morose

morose

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
oh. I dunno wad im using actually, i downloaded it from the top of this page, firefox. However it shows mozilla firefox as the title of the explorer.

Could it also be due to overheating which is why the comp restarts itself ? If so i might just wanna buy an 80mm fan and blow it directly at the motherboard/rams/etc.

Advertisements

morose

morose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Ah, ok

I got my firefox from that site.

Btw, i opened one of my casing, and rested the comp on the other one, so its facing the sky wide up. And i removed the power sink from its original spot and placed it outside of the cpu because the area under it seems to be very hot all the time.

At the same time, i placed 2 cpu fans blowing directly at the motherboard. would that be ok? or would the direct blow result in worser damage ?

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Hi Morose,

Airflow is very important in helping to keep everything cool, taking a case side off and having it open can affect the airflow pattern.

Download the following and you can monitor CPU, motherboard and hard drive temps.

You will find them if you click on computer/sensors once you open the program.

Everest

regards,

Usetobe

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Allow me to interject here for just a minute to answer some of your questions.

The removal and then reinstall of firefox has to do with this error that you were recieving.

xpcom:event receiver

If by removing firefox, your problem with that error and your msn error are cured, then we are all set.

As for your case, its best if you just vaccuumn out your case instead of taking it apart and placing components outside the case. I think you will find this look more appealing and easier to work around.

The option of adding another fan to help with your cooling problem is a good one. For the time being, until you do so, you can leave the side panel off, that normally does the trick.

The program that usetobe suggests also works well to help you monitor the tempurature of your system if your hardware supports it.

ScHwErV :tazz:

morose

morose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
oh yeah, i do have the everest program, wonderful program that allows me to monitor temperatures. However i realised that the temperature of cpu varies alot, at times 30, the next sec 100, then the next 70. I cant really tell how good or bad it is. What is a safe/normal temperature of a cpu btw. Motherboard is at 33%.

Regarding the casing, you see, my casing is a very old one i believe, it doesnt have any fan slots nor openings where i can slot fans etc. So the additional 2 fans which i bought are just hanging around in it. So probably when i buy a 80 mm one, i'll just stand the cpu up, opening the casing still, and place the 3 fans sitted right at the bottom of the side casing.

Also, my side casing has only numerous small holes, that of a pencil ? I dont see how i can get the fans to suck sufficient air into it, thus im assuming my only chance is to open up the side casing.

In regards to this "xpcom:event receiver" problem, do i actually need to reinstall msn as well? The case with msn is that i can open the program, but it can never be signed on, whereas in the case of firefox, i can click 100 times and it'll never pop up.

Thx for the help guys =) Troublesome computer got my cracking my head =.=

morose

morose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
alternate IM program <-- hmm, what do you mean by that?

The xpcom error occurs whenever i do not turn on msn or firefox immediately after restart, and as a result, when i tried restarting the comp, that error will pop up where i have to end this process in order to restart. Im assuming its both.

I have a plan in mind actually. Because my casing has no holes at all for any cpu cooling fans, i might just buy like 4xs of the 80mm fans and tog with the 2 smaller ones i currently have, they shall make the side casing =p

Does that sound feasible or will excess strong blowing of fans at the motherboard makes it spoil just as quickly?

Btw, i've not had the xpcom error and the auto restart of comp to this sec =p Hopefully its over. =)

morose

morose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Oh well, my comp just restarted itself =.=

Guess wad i just bought a 120mm fan and blew it directly at the motherboard (the fan is located right on top of the heatsink btw).

Could there be other reasons apart from overheating which resulted from the auto-restart? =/

Btw, which part , being too hot, will cause the comp to auto-restart. I wanna make sure im blowing it the right way.

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Hi Morose,

I see you still have that nasty cough!!

I take it you are running all these different fans off a separate Power supply unit, you could be overloading the PC psu causing that overheat and cut out.

Depending on your motherboard, they operate from anywhere in the range of 0 - 50 degrees. Cpu's run from a range of 0 - 90 degrees, again depending on make and model, I suggest you go to the various componants sites to verify your own models.

Regarding the program that ScHwErV mentions, in simple terms, it is a program that lets you sign into multiple instant messenger services, ie MSN, yahoo icq. By using that program you will be able to sign into MSN to chat, without the need to have MSN on your System. That way you can hopefully eliminate your problems.

Regards,

Usetobe

morose

morose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
yeah, bad weather =p

"I take it you are running all these different fans off a separate Power supply unit"

Hmm, im running 2xs 80mm fans, and 1x 120mm fan through the same power supply i would like to assume. Cos i just attach them one after another.

Do u mean i might be better off with maybe just one fan so i do not overload the PC psu? Heat isnt a problem u reckon?

I'll paste the model of cpu and motherboard in a sec.

morose

morose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Ah, ok. Can i finish the thing about my cpu/motherboard issue here first? Just so usetobe can give me a quick last advice before i proceed elsewhere =)

Anyway, i cant be sure that its due to heating that causes my comp to restart randomly...so... im lost =/

Heres the SS of the infos.

Posted Image

Advertisements

morose

morose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Ok, this was part of the thrend brought forward from HJT.

Heres the summary of what has actually happened :

It never restart itself on idle tho, its only whenever i tried starting any program, or when i tried to surf the net, the comp just restarts itself. There are no viruses as i've tried searching for them with quite abit of tools and also with the help here. Perfectly clean logs, etc.

Heres more info on whats done and whats discussed.

http://www.geekstogo...eck-t13526.html

Can tests i could do or any stuffs that might have determined wad made my comp restarts itself?

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Hi Morose,

If you just click on the links in the Everest log, it will take you to the sites so you can get the temps from there.

Are all the fans on the same psu as your motherboard, hdd and cdrom's etc, or do you have them on a separate psu?

morose

morose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Posted Image

Is this the information that u need? If not, do let me know which tab it is under so i can give u a nice screenie =)

morose

morose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
http://inite.250free.com/Report.htm

Actually, i just made a log of everything so we can speed things up alittle =)

morose

morose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Ok, i unchecked the auto-restart box on error from the control panel, and this is what is shown. Could anyone decipher this and come up with a solution? Thx...

***Stop : 0X00000008EL 0XC0000005, 0XF5D9C7A2, 0XF3A9FA9C, 0X00000000

*** : pnat.sys-address F5D9C7AZ base at F5D91000, Datestamp 41563714

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical of memory dump complete