Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Update Problems

• Please log in to reply

snezzlebear

snezzlebear

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I just recently updated my Windows XP and Internet Explorer and Installed ZoneAlarm Pro.

Now everytime I log on to Windows I have to open Internet Explorer at least 2 to 3 seperate times to open a browser I can use as they will continually freeze. And when I do eventually get a browser open and functioning it sends me to this website http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx but all that is displayed is a blank blue screen.

When I open up a new tab in the same browser I get this:

about:Tabs

but on the screen it says Action Cancelled :whistling: even though I haven't touched anything :help:

Also while I am on the net and posting in various forums I have noticed that I cannot use the buttons provided for posters to input hyperlinks/pictures/quotes or change aspects like font/colour/size of the text in the post. Is there any way I can stop this from occurring?

*good thing i know some of the tags lol*

I am on a network where my computer doesn't have direct access to the internet. Now before all this started happenning ZoneAlarm Pro started to block the main computer which is attatched to the modem and I couldn't access the internet at all and I had to totally uninstall and re-install it and then this started happpenning :)

On a side note, is there anything I can do about how my internet takes a while to load? From what I understand ADSL/Cable is supposed to be fast but it doesn't seem to be that way at the moment.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

:blink:

Edited by snezzlebear, 08 January 2007 - 09:03 AM.

Advertisements