Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help overclocking a AMD 3700 +

• Please log in to reply

Quagmire_UK

Quagmire_UK

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello, ive read on quite a few forums that the 3700 + is very good at overclocking and wanted to try it. ive never done it before and im worried about the consequences if it all goes horribly wrong. this is only because i have recently bought a xfx 7900gt, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer and a 19" HD tft and i dont wont to break them. everything else i will need to replace soon anyway (Quake Wars & Crysis!!!!!) so i thought i would try this.

here is my sys spec:
- A8N-SLi Deluxe
- AMD 64 3700 + San Diego
- Arctic Cooler Pro
- 550 watt PSu (not sure which one)
- 2 x 512mb PC3200 DDR400? Corsair RAM
- 7900gt
- X-Fi
- 200gb Seagate HDD (not sure speed)

erm, i think that is everything, do u guys reckon it is wort it, and if so, how do i go about it..Thx

Advertisements

Quagmire_UK

Quagmire_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
must have double posted...sry

Edited by Quagmire_UK, 12 January 2007 - 08:29 PM.

Quagmire_UK

Quagmire_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
must have double posted..... sry

Edited by Quagmire_UK, 12 January 2007 - 08:30 PM.

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
check here: http://www.ocforums....ad.php?t=391768

follow the proces
and do not worry, you will not mess anyhting up, just watch for the temps. Make sure under load the cpu temp does not pass 55 degrees celcius

Edited by afg34, 12 January 2007 - 09:38 PM.

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
overclocking always carris a risk of system wear or damage, the best advice to give someone who wants to overclock is don't unless you can afford to replace the component you have overclocked if it becomes damaged. that being said if you still wish to try my best suggestion is to read up about it. www.overclocking.net , www.overclockers.com and a search of overclocking on google should generate some good reading material. remember to take notes you can never be over prepared. also familiarize yourself with your motherboard manual, and how to jump the cmos as you will do this several times before you find a stable overclock. Goodluck fee free to ask any other questions you wish. I will be happy to answer them.