Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor won't work

• Please log in to reply

xzmattzx

xzmattzx

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
My computer at work is acting funny. I turned on my computer to do some work, and it started to load up into Windows as usual, but after the Windows "wait bar" finished moving around, the monitor turned off. I still heard the "welcome to Windows" sound, but my monitor came up with a "DMPS Mode off" message in blue, then it went into hibernate. If I un-hibernate it, it says to check the connection or whatever.

I believe that the tower is the problem, because I plugged the monitor into my laptop (which I'm on now), and the laptop stuff could be seen on the monitor.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
does your "work" have an IT department? you may want to ask them about this issue

also may be helpfull to know if the PC has onboard graphics or a secondary graphics card (like an AGP or PCI card)