Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need advice on RAM upgrade

• Please log in to reply

acmatters

acmatters

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hello. I want to upgrade my PC's RAM. I have an eMachine, model T2824. I want to upgrade to 1 gig. The following information came from a seller on ebay. Would this memory be compatible with my computer? They list what chipsets it's compatible with, but I don't know what chipset is in my PC. Is there a way to find this information? I'm a bit over my head here and don't really understand what all this information means, so would appreciate whatever help/advice you can give so I don't end up purchasing something that won't work. Thanks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Certified Memory :
Certified for Optimum performance and Stability with New generation of AMD/INTEL Processor Based Motherboards.

Guaranteed to work with Compatible Chipsets - List provided Below

DDR DIMMs that are fully compliant with the newly released JEDEC specification and reference design.

We test our memory for compatibility with all major system platforms.

Our certified memory is fully compliant with motherboards from all the industry leaders with DDR Industry standard.

Careful memory qualification done to help eliminate the uncertainty of the interactions between different components in a given computer system.

We have implemented a qualification procedure that is among the most stringent in the industry.

While such a strong qualification procedure cannot eliminate risk entirely, it offers the parts which are as robust as possible.

Return rates of less then 1% on Certified Modules makes this choice absolute.

Data Bus 64 Bits
Data Rate 266/333 Mbps
Bus Frequency 100/133/166 MHz
DRAM Frequency 100/133/166 MHz
Package Type TSOP-II
Densities 1GB
Voltage 2.5V
Prefetch Size 2 bits
Burst Length 2/4/8
CAS Latency 2.5, 3.0
Write Latency 1T
Low Density NO

KNOWN TO WORK WITH

VIA P4X266A,
VIA KT266/333
VIA KT600 (except ASUS KT600)
VIA PT800
SIS 645
SIS 648
648FX
SIS 746FX
KM400
K8T800
KT 880
KT 400
KT 400A
SIS 661FX
SIS 655
SIS 650GX
SIS 650
NFORCE 250GB
ULI CHIPSETS

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Get this kind of memory. 2 sticks of 512 would give you a gig of memory. I would not trust buying memory off Ebay. I've been burnt so many times i just gave up getting any there. prices are almost new prices anyway so why bother.

512MB Module 266MHz DDR266 PC2100, 184p DIMM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820145024

SRX660