Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video problem

• Please log in to reply

Sgt. Stingray

Sgt. Stingray

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hey there guys I'm not sure if this problem falls under this fourm. anyway when I try to watch any video i download to my computer all i see is a black screen with colors moving around what is the people and can't see the video clearly just the dark screen and color outlines of the people in the video moving. Any idea what the problem could be? Could it be a video problem? my drivers are all up to date. It's getting quite annoying. I hope i described well its kind of hard to describe but I think i got it. I had the same problem with Windows media player and all i had to do was up date it.. but i'm getting the same problem with movie maker and my dvd software and i doubt they all have to be updated. so any ideas.
Thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Sgt. Stingray!

You probably don't have the right codecs installed on your computer to run those files. Codecs tell your player how to interpret (and therefore view properly) the video in video files you download.

What I suggest you do is download VLC Media Player. It doesn't need any codec's downloaded because it has it's own built into the program. It is the best program I have ever used to play video files and I use it all the time. You can download it at the link below:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc

Fenor