Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

getting new motherboard need help thanks ^_^

• Please log in to reply

mrhunta

mrhunta

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I want to get a cheap but good motherboard that allows overclocking. Also i want it to be compatible with my current procsecor and ram.

My specs

CPU is Intel pentium 4, 2800 mhz (14 x 200

System memory 1536 (DDR ram) its runs at My pinout is the type with onley 1 gap, witch i think is the newer type if that helps

Anyway i Wanna overclock my CPU to at least 3.2 GHZ and i am intrested in overclocking my ram to 1700-2000 if thats possible.

What do you sugest i should buy? BTW im buying all my stuff on ebay.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I think you should read these.

http://www.extremeov...ing_2.4C_2.html

http://www.basichard...erclocking.html

http://video.google....904704265757054

SRX660

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
the video you showed me was confirmed fake a wile back i think. My processor socket is 473. I have DDR1 ram and i will not be buying DDR2 ram Im not rich. All i need is for someone to recomend a good motherboard that suports "DDR1 ram" "Overclocking" and has "PCI express slots". Thanks ^_^

Edited by mrhunta, 09 January 2007 - 01:58 AM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I know the video was fake but thought i would throw it in to show the benefits of overclocking, LOL. The first link was to show you that most people like the Abit motherboards for overclocking. Others can be overclocked but the Abit seems to favor it. I used a DFI MB a while back that let you overclock it in quites a few different areas. It was nice to be able to lock in the video and memory multipliers so they didn't overclock along with the FSB. The second link was there to really explain that Intel CPU's are locked so the only real way is with the front side bus.

SRX660

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I searched ebay looking for a Abit motherboard with a 473 socket on ebay but the search came up with 0 ressults. I dont realy get this socket thing do the numbers have to be exact or do they just gotta be close or somthing?. Im Also having a hard time finding a Abit Motherboard that has pci-express slots an suports DDr1 ram. I think i found one that did suport all that but it was the wrong processor slot. Im having a real hard time here :blink:

Btw how i checked my socket was by looking at the socket my curent motherboard has witch is a
"intel la crosee"

Edit bad news i just seached on ebay for "473 socket" and found nothing 0_o. Im just confused now is intel la crosee the onley motherboard my processor will fit into?.

Edited by mrhunta, 09 January 2007 - 05:09 AM.

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Wooooooops i read the socket number wrong )-:. its aculey 748. Alright after figuring out the corect socket number and then doing alot of research ive found this motherboard its a Albatron PX915P4C and i think this is what i need but im not sure psitive.

http://www.marnscda....ew06_15_05.html

Ive herd about bottle necking and stuff and i think it may be be possible for my system to bottle neck if i combind this with a 7800Gt or a 7800.

I think bottlenecking is a bad thing :whistling: