Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dockable Drive

• Please log in to reply

Telenburg

Telenburg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't have the funds to go to a Computer Service ... so, I am hoping someone can help!

I am a novice ...

On my old computer I had my data stored on a dockable drive when the motherboard fried! I removed the dockable drive (Western Digital) and would like to install it to my new computer (without reformatting, thus losing all my data)! When I installed it the new computer does not recognize it.

Any help/knowledge would be appreciated,

Advertisements

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
I'm assuming that this drive is internal, correct? OK, make sure that (obvious I know...) the 4-PIN molex power is connected to the Hard Disk, and is this SATA or IDE/ATA? Also, what is the Model # of the card?

Thanks,
--bmwboy

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
I'm assuming that this drive is internal, correct? OK, make sure that (obvious I know...) the 4-PIN molex power is connected to the Hard Disk, and is this SATA or IDE/ATA? Also, what is the Model # of the card?

Thanks,
--bmwboy