Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Envision 19' LCD Problems.

• Please log in to reply

Silk

Silk

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Sheesh I tells ya, Any game I play 2006+ will be working on My flat panel LCD Envision, then for some reason it turns black and says "No Signal" to fix this I need to turn my computer off by holding down the power button. then it works. This happend to me on "Dreamfall: The Longest Journey" and "Vanguard" and once on "Need For Speed: Carbon (Collectors edition)

I have been told maybe it is my video card (Nvidia 7800 GTX), if it is how to fix it? If it isn't what do you think, and how do I fix it?

Thanks, Silk

Edited by Silk, 09 January 2007 - 05:14 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you don't mind getting inside your system (with the power socket switched off, of course), check that the video card is firmly seated in the slot. Better still, remove it, wipe the edge-contacts with a DRY cloth only, then re-seat it firmly and screw down the backplate tight.

NB. Remember to discharge static from your hands before touching the card or any other internal stuff.

Edited by pip22, 09 January 2007 - 02:19 PM.

Silk

Silk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks, pip, unfortunatley I will have to live with it, and not do anything with my graphics card untill I open my computer and I don't know when that will be, But now I know the problem and I know what to do, I don't wanna make it seem like this post was for nothing and it isn't, but my schedual is to hectic.

Silk

Silk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
:whistling:

Sheesh I tells ya, Any game I play 2006+ will be working on My flat panel LCD Envision, then for some reason it turns black and says "No Signal" to fix this I need to turn my computer off by holding down the power button. then it works. This happend to me on "Dreamfall: The Longest Journey" and "Vanguard" and once on "Need For Speed: Carbon (Collectors edition)

I have been told maybe it is my video card (Nvidia 7800 GTX), if it is how to fix it? If it isn't what do you think, and how do I fix it?

Thanks, Silk

you probably remmeber that it was written by me in January 2007, well I finally did what you offered and I took my video card ouit and the receptors that go into the slot I dusted with compressed air, and I cleaned them with a non-static cloth, well I hopped on LOTR a game 2006 and over, and my monitor stopped went black and said no signal. so what is another problem this might be? what do i try now?